Skip to main content

Dell Latitude E4310 - SSD Upgrade

I own a Dell Latitude E4310 and it is pretty old laptop. The Hard Disk was in bad condition and my laptop switches off every half an hour. I somehow managed to back up the important data from the Hard disk.

I planned to upgrade it to SSD and bought WD green 240 gb from Amazon.
I replaced the SSD myself. Replacing the hard disk in this laptop is very easy. You need to unscrew couple of screws and you are done.

Initially my SSD was not detected. I tried all the BIOS configurations available in internet and nothing worked. The primary issue is not BIOS configuration but the SSD fitting is not tight.

So I thought of a work around plan and gave it a try.

The old hard disk was 9.5 mm and new SSD was 7 mm. So I thought of placing some piece of plastic or some stuff in the gap. I didn't find any stuff handy, so I placed the user manual (which comes along with the SSD) in the gap and tried inserting. You should be careful with this method, because the paper gets folded and it will be jammed.

I inserted the SSD carefully and this method finally works for me. Once the SATA connections are tight, the SSD got detected.

Initially I installed Ubuntu 20.04 in the new SSD, but I faced a lot of issues like wifi connectivity is slow and laptop freezes during shut down and restart.

So I thought I can go with Windows 10. I downloaded windows 10 2004 and created a bootable USB.

I installed windows 10 2004 and it is working fine with this laptop.

One thing you need to keep in mind is this laptop has SATA II port, so you cannot enjoy full speed with SSD.

But still SSD is a good choice for upgrade.

Please  provide your feedback in the comments section.

Comments

  1. Is it worth to upgrade to ssd in my latitude e4310 in 2021

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Do you know how to generate output using eText Template in Oracle Cloud BI Publisher?

In this blog, we are going to see how to generate output using eText Template in Fusion BI Publisher I am going to show this using sample data. This is my sample data Click "Export" button to download the XML file. This is my XML File Open a blank Word Document and save it as type "Rich Text Format" Add a format setup which is given below <TEMPLATE TYPE> FIXED_POSITION_BASED <OUTPUT CHARACTER SET> UTF-8 <NEW RECORD CHARACTER> Carriage Return Add a Header table which is given below. For headers, give the header name within quotes ex: 'Emplid'. For headers, use the level DATA_DS which is the top level and appears only once in the XML <LEVEL> DATA_DS <POSITION> <LENGTH> <FORMAT> <PAD> <DATA> <COMMENTS> <NEW RECORD> DATA_DS Alpha ‘Emplid’

Do you know how to cancel the Work Relationship using HDL in Oracle Cloud HCM?

In this blog, we are going to see how to cancel the Work Relationship using HDL (HCM Data Loader) Please make sure you have taken the back up of all the necessary data before cancelling the Work Relationship To cancel the Work Relationship, we use HDL Source Key method. Use the below sample template for reference SET PURGE_FUTURE_CHANGES N METADATA|WorkRelationship|SourceSystemOwner|SourceSystemId|PersonId(SourceSystemId)|LegalEmployerName|PersonNumber|DateStart|WorkerType|CancelWorkRelationshipFlag DELETE|WorkRelationship|FUSION|1234|WRK_1234|Legal_Employer|1234|2018/02/01|E|Y In the above template, we do not know the values of the source keys SourceSystemOwner SourceSystemId PersonId(SourceSystemId) Use below query to fetch the SourceSystemOwner Query: select source_system_owner from hrc_integration_key_map where surrogate_id = period_of_service_id   -- pass period_of_service_id corresponding to Work Relationship Use below query to fetch the SourceSystemId Q

Do you know how to generate output using Excel Template in Oracle Cloud BI Publisher?

In this blog, we are going to see how to generate output using Excel Templates in Fusion BI Publisher I am going to show this using sample data. This is my sample data Click "Export" button to download the XML file. This is my XML File Open a blank Excel file and save it as type "Excel 97-2003 Workbook" (.xls) I have created 3 tabs "Summary", "Detail" and "XDO_METADATA" XDO_METADATA tab is mandatory. Place the below text in XDO_METADATA tab Version ARU-dbdrv Extractor Version Template Code Template Type TYPE_EXCEL_TEMPLATE Preprocess XSLT File Last Modified Date Last Modified By Data Constraints: In the "Detail" tab create Header row as shown below Now add the XDO tags Select the blank &quo